At Bayside Community Network, caring is the essence of our philosophy. For over 40 years, we have embraced the belief that all persons with disabilities should be treated with dignity. We strive to assist the individuals we serve to become as independent as possible and promote an environment where they can attain their life goals.
We are currently seeking a part-time route driver to transport individuals from their home to our center in the morning and afternoon. Divers will be given an assigned route of individual homes for pickup. This position will be split shift working Monday through Friday. The morning portion of this shift is scheduled from 6:00am-8:00am; the afternoon portion from 3:00pm-5:00pm. Times may vary slightly dependent on the assigned route. Drivers will typically average 20 hours per week.
Successful applicants must be able to:
- Complete required on the job training including CPR and Passenger Assistance Training.
- Have a good driving record and clean criminal record.
- Have at least 3 years driving experience.
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.50-$16.00 per hour
Covid-19 Considerations: Drivers must wear a mask and keep windows cracked for ventilation. Daily temperature checks are required.
We are currently hiring full-time and part-time Direct Support Professionals to work in a variety of our programs, including Day, Residential, and Personal Supports Programs. The following shifts are available:
- Day Shift – 8am – 4pm (1:1 instructional aide)
- Evening Shift – 4pm -12pm
- Overnight Shift – midnight to 8am
- Weekend Shift – midnight Friday thru midnight Sunday (48 hour live-in)
- Flexible PT Weekend Shift- weekend (10-12 hours each day)
- Flexible PT Evening Shifts
Direct Support Professionals are responsible for the following duties:
- Provide supervision and support to individuals in your care, assisting them with daily living skills, personal care, transportation, leisure activities, community integration, medical needs, and medication administration.
- Completes documentation as required by the State and Agency guidelines and deadlines.
- Maintains positive, professional working relationships.
- Residential employees are responsible for general household tasks and maintain a clean and sanitary home in accordance with COMAR and Health Department Standards.
- Implements and follows the individuals’ Person Centered Plan, Behavior Support Plan (if applicable), and Nursing Care Plan.
- Completes all required DDA training, including but not limited to CPR/First Aid, MANDT, Medication Administration Certification,
- Administers and documents medications pursuant to State and Agency requirements as delegated by the Agency RN.
- Provides transportation via company vehicles as needed. The DSP must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and meet Agency driving requirements.
- Attends and actively participates in scheduled meetings.
- Display dignity and respect to everyone at all times.
- Supports individuals in decision making and planning.
Bayside Community Network is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our clients and caregivers. To meet the needs of our clients and direct care through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take steps to ensure a safe environment for our clients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at Bayside Community and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all positions that provide direct care to our clients.
DON’T FORGET! In the event of inclement weather
you can also call our Weather Line for information about closings and delays: 443.245.3589
WORKING IN OUR COMMUNITY