Internal Job Posting
Nursing Aide/Support Staff
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Nursing Aide is a full-time position and is responsible for the following duties:
- Safely transport and accompany consumers on scheduled and unscheduled medical appointments, including visits to urgent care clinics and emergency rooms.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to allow for consumer medical appointments that may occur outside normal business hours.
- Accurately communicates information regarding consumers and their health care needs with their treating physicians and with nursing department staff.
- Under the direction of the RN/CM/DN(S), assists in routine and PRN medication administration in accordance with MTTP standards to consumers during day program hours as needed.
- Assists the RN/CM/DN(S)
in gatheringhealth information for consumers, such as monthly weights and vital signs when needed.
- Assists with preparing for visits to the agency from outside medical professionals.
- Under the direction and supervision of the delegating nurse/case manager, performs delegable tasks including but not limited to, nebulizer treatments, blood glucose monitoring, J-tube, and G-tube care and feeding, Foley catheter care, and basic first aid as needed.
- Receives nursing direction from and provides assistance and support to the agency Delegating RN/Case Managers(s).
- Assists the agency nurse case managers with collecting HRST data.
- Assists in coordinating and scheduling of medical appointments for consumers.
- Assists with accurate filing medical documentation into consumer medical files.
- Ensures medical files are orderly and up to date and reports discrepancies to the DON.
- Assists when needed,
with preparingrequired paperwork for client’s doctor visits.
- Participates in
nursing departmentmeetings as assigned by the DON.
- Under the direction of the DON, provides nursing coverage to satellite programs and group
outings includingbut not limited to Camp Care, Sunny Acres andSpecial Olympics.
- Stays up to date on
current standardswithin the adults with disabilities population.
- Maintains the highest degree
of confidentiality inrespect to each consumer and employee.
- Acts as an advocate on
behalf ofconsumers with health care professionals, team members, family members, pharmacy, etc.
- Maintains positive and professional rapport with community entities, parents and guardians
- Projects as a
positive ambassadorof the agency.
- Maintains Certified Medication Technician (CMT) certification in good standing.
- Maintains a safe driving
record andmeets agency requirements for driving agency vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing or designee.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest to Tanya Ruth